About this blog

What’s all this about then?

In the beginning, I was a student …

In 2008, I began studying for an M.Ed degree in Teacher Librarianship via Charles Sturt University’s distance education.  This blog was where I recorded my reflections (very necessary if you don’t want to drive your partner crazy), my wonderings and my stashing of some links. In March 2011, I graduated and became a full-fledged M.Ed TL.

grad walking

The Teacher Librarian and more …

In 2010, after completing my studies, I moved from running the library in a small, alternative primary school (please don’t confuse ‘alternative’ with  ‘free’ school – this isn’t the 70’s!) to working part-time as part of a team in the library of a large  public high school. What a life-style change!

I also procured a part-time position from my university professional experience. I work as an Education Officer at the State Library of Victoria, happily helping school groups discover all the historical treasures we have there and various other bits and pieces.

Still ‘Under Construction”

I briefly wondered about the title of my blog at the end of my studies, but quickly realized that as an avid life-long learner, I enthusiastically remain ‘under construction’. My blog posts are a bit more sporadic as I settle into my new jobs but there is still much to reflect on, share and get excited about.  Thanks for dropping by, I hope you find something of interest for your time spent.

5 thoughts on “About this blog

1. I have really enjoyed reading your blog. I will visit again to catch up with your progression of thoughts.
    Your studies sound stimulating.

2. Thanks for visiting my class blog where the student blogging competition is being organized. It has been great fun doing it, and we are still only half way through. Sue Waters and I have both decided we will run it again next year, so she will again advertise it in The Edublogger and we will tweet about it as well. But that is a long way off yet.

3. Just found your blog and enjoyed reading about your new tech toy the Ipod touch. Thanks for sharing.